Women in Science Lectures
The University of Illinois Archives is hosting a monthly Women in Science Lecture Series that will feature speakers from across the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s diverse and multidisciplinary scientific enterprise. The lecture series seeks to highlight the important innovations and contributions of women in the sciences at the University of Illinois, and center the importance of documenting women scientists and engineers to create a diverse and inclusive archival record. This lecture series will take place over Zoom and at the University Archives (Room 146) on the second Thursday of every month from 12:00 to 1:00 pm CST.
For a list of speakers and to register please visit our website.
We would like to recognize and acknowledge that we are on the lands of the Peoria, Kaskaskia, Piankashaw, Wea, Miami, Mascoutin, Odawa, Sauk, Mesquaki, Kickapoo, Potawatomi, Ojibwe, and Chickasaw Nations. These lands were the traditional territory of these Native Nations prior to their forced removal; these lands continue to carry the stories of these Nations and their struggles for survival and identity.
As a land-grant institution, the University of Illinois has a particular responsibility to acknowledge the peoples of these lands, as well as the histories of dispossession that have allowed for the growth of this institution for the past 150 years. We are also obligated to reflect on and actively address these histories and the role that this university has played in shaping them. This acknowledgement and the centering of Native peoples is a start as we move forward for the next 150 years.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Humanities Research Institute
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Institute
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
Prairie Research Institute
School of Integrative Biology
Women in Engineering
Women and Gender in Global Perspectives Program
Cindy Ingold, Gender Studies and Multicultural Services Librarian
Cancer Center at Illinois
- September 2020 - Dr. Kathryn B.H. Clancy
- October 2020 - Dr. Carla Desi-Ann Hunter
- November 2020 - Dr. Susan Martinis
- December 2020 - Dr. Zeynep Madak-Erdogan
- February 2021 - Dr. Brenda Molano-Flores
- March 2021 - Dr. Catherine J. Murphy
- April 2021 - Dr. Rebecca Lee Smith
- May 2021 - Dr. Ruby Mendenhall
- October 2022 - Dr. Imanni Sheppard
- November 2022 - Dr. Monica Fabiani
- December 2022 - Professor Clarion Mendes
- February 2023 - Dr. Decker French
- March 2023 - Dr. Heidi Imker
- April 2023 - Dr. Molly Goldstein